Energy expertise includes work on electrochemical systems, fuel cells, and batteries. Larger scale efforts involve systems engineering and optimization of power plants to enhance efficiency, cut costs, and run more cleanly. Alternative energy research in areas such as photovoltaics, thermochemical conversion of biomass, and the development of biofuels are also actively being pursued.
- forward osmosis/osmotic power
- biodiesel power generation
- proton exchange membrane fuel cells
- aerobic biocathodes for oxygen reduction
- electrochemical kinetics and ionic transport
UConn President, CT Clean Energy Fund Professor of Sustainable Energy
Northeast Utilities Associate Professor of Environmental Engineering Education